Friday, June 4, 2010

Its a New Dawn, its a New Day, Its a New Life for me, and I'm feeling good....

Okay so you win a prize if you can tell me who sings that song. It actually is quite fitting given the recent events. Part of me is breathing in a new wind of change, I recently began to wonder, just what exactly was my mark on this life going to be. What was my legacy to my children going to be? at 43 what had i done? what had I seen? to be truthful it wasnt much.
Now dont get me wrong, there have been things of course, that I have accomplished, and I am not taking those things for granted. My son Nicholas, of course, my greatest accomplishment so far. My children, my husband, my military service, but it really runs much deeper than that.
For example, listening to the guide at the zoo, about the african elephants ear being shaped like africa....
How did i get to 43 and not know this??? LOL What a true miracle of God, that when he made that elephant, found on that continent, has ears shaped like his home.
It has set a blaze a fire in me, that I have realized my bucket list... HUGE, MAJOR BIG and my life is already half over.
Now dont get me wrong, this isn't about a bucket list either. Its about ME...seeing things, and doing things and making those memories with my kids, its about things that are so much more important than the things that I thought defined who I am...
It's about self discovery, self actualization, and most of all its about not wasting another second of my life.........

until we talk again

1 comment:

Cassandralftr said...

They may also contain harmful dyes given to the fish to make the meat appear more red. Now you have a new fancy word to impress your friends with! However, knowing how to pronounce a word is much less important than understanding what it signifies. Probiotics can be found in some foods like yogurt, olives, kim chee, sauerkraut, buttermilk, aged cheeses, miso, tempeh, cultured dairy products, some juices, and soy beverages.2 However, the most effective way to guarantee that you increase and maintain the amount of healthy bacteria in your system is to take a high-quality probiotic supplement.