Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fear Factor

"Fear and anxiety can diminish one's soul while completely mutilate ones true self."

A friend made that statement on one of my other blog posts and it intrigued me. So lets talk about what keeps us from truly achieving things, or more so merely trying. Fear! Fear paralyzes us from taking that bungee jump or skydive, it may even prevent us from somthing so simple as telling someone we love them.
For me, its all about fear, and insecurity, but insecurity is another post. I do think that the two walk hand in hand.
If you sit and ponder this idea for a while, I imagine you could come up with a list of things that fear has prevented you from trying, doing or achieving. Why? Well, failure would be the driving force.
I don't like to fail, does anyone? and trust me, this year I have become an expert in that particular dicipline. Somthing I am not proud of, but not afraid to admit, and certianly not afraid to face.
So where are we so far? "I don't want to do it, because I'm afraid of failing."
Sound familiar? no need to raise your hand, LOL, more things to think about.
So what can we do about it? Well, overcoming that fear, probably a good start, easy in theory, not so easy in action.
This one, we have to take baby steps with. My faith in God always helps me, I trust that God will take care of it, but it doesnt stop me from not being afraid, well sometimes it does. Those of you who know me, know this to be 100% true.
But lately I have realized, that I dont want to be afraid anymore. I want to jump out of that airplane, even though as I write this, I am terrified of the idea.
But I am determined to grow a set, overcome my fear and do it. I am sure I will be screaming the entire way down. (Video to come later)!
I know that I have let my fear stop me in so many ways, I cant count them all. I have missed out on way to much. I plan to miss out on nothing more....

What has your fear stopped you from doing?

Until next time........

No comments: