Sunday, September 9, 2007

RACE FOR THE CURE...........IN MEMORY OF MY MOTHER!!

Wow what a day today was, up at 5:30 and off to the Susan G Komen race for the cure. This is a day that I remember that at 55 cancer took my mother away from me and 6 granbabies. It was also a day to celebrate her life. You see being her first born I am in danger of getting breast cancer myself. This is one of the things that scares the life out of me.
I pray everyday that I will be around for a long time for my kiddos. It was a great day and i took lots of pics to remember it. As I was walking I was thinking of the Janet Jackson song. "there are times when I look above and beyond, there are time when I feel your love around me...I'll never forget" "everywhere i go, every smile i see, i know you are there, smilin back at me, dancin in moonlight, I know you are free, cuz I can see your smile shinin down on me.

Surgery at 7:30am tomorrow......so it may be a couple of days. But today was a good day, the smiles of my kids, DH and my friends that I was able to share today with............well, there are no words to express my joy.

After the race I went to church, and it was a very powerful message. It really hit home for what has been going on in my life lately. The verse was 1st Corinthinans 15:10. "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect."

until after the surgery and my hospital stay....

Much love to all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u write really well!