Friday, December 31, 2010

2010, What a year this has been.

As 2010 comes to a close, I'm once again reminded and very thankful over the blessings and the gifts that God has given this family, Three healthy kids, a great husband, and and friends that I wouldn't trade for the world. This year there were a lot of I'm gonna, and this will happen,some resolutions that fell thru the cracks, and things that just ended in failure. I'm not afraid to admit that a lot of things that I hoped would work out, just didn't.

2010 brought us a son sent off to fight a war in Afghanistan and three months of no sleep for his momma. How proud we are that our son has excelled and is doing so well in the military. How thrilled we were, that God brought him back to us safe and sound, and now in 2011 we will gear up for him to leave us again, to go and protect us and provide that blanket of freedom we all love to cuddle under so much.

2010 brought us a restaurant fire, and the uncertianty of what would happen next, we were blessed very quickly with a vehicle to accomodate a mobile pizza manager, who was now on the move and working all sorts of hours. We were thankful that he was still employed,

2010 brought me what I like to call an "Eat,Pray,Love" moment. After seeing the movie and reading the book, I wondered, do I really need to go all the way to Bali to find me, to get in touch with the part of me that I know I have lost along the way on this journey called life. And with this new found idea in my head, we decided to change our vacation plans, and do somthing we had never done before. Take our children on a road trip, a journey to see and do some things that we had not done.
I said to my husband, your almost 46 years old, how much have you really seen? His reply, "nothing really".

So we embarked on a journey down the california coast, stopping along the way, to take in the sights, sounds, and smells. We rented a really cool mini van, and even bought one of the big maps of the United States, hung it on the bedroom wall, to stick pins into where we had been and where we will be going. We even went to Las Vegas, we ended our journey in Moab, Utah, at Arches National Park, Oh what a sight, that if you get the opportunity to see, dont pass it up. We were truly among Gods Majesty and splendor, and were reminded once again, how incredibly tiny we human beings are, on this majestic planet called earth.It was a great vacation, for all of us, both mentally and physically, time with each other and our children that could not be replaced. It really reinforced the idea of taking nothing for granted, and I continue on that journey of self discovery, with the goal of achieving the things, I let my insecurity stop me from doing.

2010 also gave me the courage to try out for womens flat track roller derby, and although I was cut, at least I had the guts to try, quite an accomplishment for me, anxiously awaiting the next tryouts.

As for me the end of 2010 brought about a few lessons in human nature, and the ability of some people to do things and say things, that I myself would just never allow to happen. Humans fascinate me in this respect, I learned some important lessons in the meaning of friendship, and what I thought friendship was, and what it turned out to really be. It breaks my heart, but its life, and this is how we learn, even when you do nothing wrong, people find a way to take the blame off of themselves and cast it upon you. Meh, such a sad way to live I guess. Rest assured, those are mistakes I will make sure, not to make again.

I think George Washington summed it up best with the following quote:

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."


A life lesson for all of us I guess.

So as 2010 ends as quickly as it started this evening, I know that I have been the best person that I can be. I have stood solid in my faith in Jesus Christ as my savior, and his ability to take care of things. I know that he has a plan, not only for me, but for this entire family, and I find great excitment in wondering just what that will be.

In 2011, its time to "edit" the story,(somthing our pastor said), with hopes of doing the things and fullfilling those dreams, that I hold onto each day. I am humbled and so very thankful for all my blessings, and for my friends, who I hold so dearly in my heart. You know who you are.....

I have said this before, and I will say it again, "I take nothing in this life for granted, ever!"

What will your story be in 2011?

From our family to yours, may 2011 be healthy, happy and prosperous!

"Dont mess with the family" LOL!!

until we talk again..........

No comments: