Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The sweet sounds and smells of the Summer of 2010

So as I sit here, part of me is sad that the summer is coming to a close. Those lazy days, and late nights are all drifting away as the clock ticks down and the sun begins to set. How I will miss sleeping in and spending my days by the pool, watching my kids laugh and play.
We really did a lot this year, our vacation most certianly was the highlight of the summer.



It was also a summer of worry as Air Force Puppy was in the sand box, for 3 months.
As the summer comes to an end, so does his tour, we are thankful to be getting him home safe and sound.

As school begins again, its time to be more focused, more organized, and not so lazy as we have all become way to accustomed to lately. But oh the memories we have not only in pictures but in the little things, to carry us thru till next summer.
Memories of the beach, and sea world, and a really cool mini van that took us on our 10 day journey.




Memories of lunches and chinese food, and lots of ice cream at rizutos. While part of me is sad, I am happy that it is coming to a close.

Most of all, the laughter, the joy, and sometimes the tears made this summer a memorable one, movies and popcorn and the park and a ton of things that we did TOGETHER!!!!!

I look back at the last bastion of the summer of 2010 approaches and I am at peace, content, and thankful that Jesus has blessed this family in more ways than I can count.

I guess you could call me one of the lucky ones!!!!




till we talk again......

No comments: