Friday, September 12, 2008

Time to say goodbye

So here we are on the last day, time to say goodbye. It was a quiet day, we had to stay on base, and we had lunch together. Walked about the BX, and just spent time together. I can look back now and say that it was an amazing reunification of this family. He had spent more time with us and his brother and sister than he had ever in the last couple of years. I got my son back, and now I longed for more and more of that. But at least it was a glimpse to what the future would bring.

The end of the day came so quickly, and it was time for all of us to say goodby. I gave him one of my dogtags to wear with his. Arianna cried, and we all cried except for Nick. It was a glorious 4 days, to see him grown up in so many ways, a man now. My job finished. I know that I have done a good job, that was pretty evident. We hugged what seemed like a million times, and we needed to get on the road for home.

I watched as my son took all of the things that I had brought from home for him, turned and walked off. Off he went to start a new life and a new adventure in life, my heart could not contain itself as I remembered that day in March, 1990. When he came into this world, and they put him into my arms. And now 18 years later, the man he has become, but my baby boy he will always be.....

Photobucket

until next time.........

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Denise!!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful post..my heart goes out to you,hugs.